Saturday, January 27, 2007

If I had to guess this quilt has been in production for almost a year and a half. This quilt started when my dear friend was going through a devasting time in her life. At that time she chose a project, makeover her bedroom. So her, her mom & myself headed for Joann's to find exactly what she wanted.

Her mom cut all the fabric up and had it ready for us to come over and work on it. Well life got in the way of that plan and in March of last year I took the bucket of cut up fabric home and began work.

This quilt was a huge challenge for me. It really tested my patience and taught me a lot about quilting. This quilt was also the "back burner" quilt, I only pulled it out when I had absolutly no other project to work on. But after many months it is complete. I will be sending it off to MO to have it professionally quilted and in two weeks when it's time to had the quilt over to my dear friend's mom to bind it, it will feel complete. I will try and grab snap shots of her room when it is complete, cause I am pretty sure this is the final piece to her beautiful bedroom.

BTW, the quilt is huge, David is holding it up the best he could.




1 comment:

juanitagf said...

This is by far my favorite of the ones you've shown photos. It really makes a statement!