Sunday, October 19, 2008

Team Awesom Rules, Lupus Drools

This Saturday was the Mad Hatter Walk & Roll for Lupus walk in Seattle. We worked with the Tollefson family to put together a big, fun group of people to walk with both myself & Gracie, their 7 year old daughter who also has Lupus.



We were "Team Awesome" Keith, Kim & Mikayla joined us for a fabous morning. Our them was butterflies, so we gave everyone wings & disco ball head bands.





This is our whole team before the walk.



The Kocher's & the Johnson's


Gracie & Alana carrying the sign


Josiah




The kids began chanting "Team Awesome Rules, Lupus Drools" and "We love Cori" which was stinking cut. I got a little bit of it on video.

It takes a special guy to be able to pull off the wings.




It's hard to believe the kids not only walked 2 1/2 miles, but at some point they were running ahead & then back to us, running on the grass. I wish I had their energy!


Doesn't this smile just MELT your heart. And the Kitty even did the walk with us in her own wings.


Gracie & I, the Co-Captans of the team.


Hey are those bunny ears behind mine & Kim's head? No wonder Josiah was giggling when we took this photo.


And how do you reward yourself for burning all those calories? Dick's of course!


Picnic in the parking lot.
Lucky for us we had blankets in some of the cars so we could enjoy the sunshine and company as we filled up on burgers & milkshakes.



For some reason this picture of Mikayla just throws me. She is so beautiful and there is something about the look in her eye.







I can't thank the team enough for all they did. We had an amazing day and I got to meet Kat & Gary's family and friends. There are a ton more photos that I could share with you.... but I don't want to bore you. If you want to see more, shoot me an email or comment below and I will send you the kodak gallery link.

We already have next years theme decided and we are going for a win in the most creative team award! LOL.

1 comment:

Sophie - LFA said...

Congrats on what looks like was a fun -- and successful Walk.

My name is Wick Davis and I'm with the Lupus Foundation of America. I came across your blog and wanted to say hi. I'm in the process of reaching out to other lupus bloggers. I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links to one another's blog. You can read the LFA blog here http://lfa-inc.blogspot.com. I have already added a link to your blog on the LFA blog, in the section called "Lupus Blogs We Read." I would love to talk more with you. You can reach me at davis@lupus.org. I hope to hear from you. best, Wick