Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday...

So on a whim, I decided to take Josiah to the Marysville for the Strawberry Festival parade. David was off to Xbox night so I thought it would fun. I invited my parents along because I don't like to take Josiah to something like that on my own. Having someone else there keeps me sane and allows me to take him the bathroom with out having to pack it all up.



Josiah & my mom


Josiah waiting for the parade...


You know you are watching a "Hick" parade when...
the retirement home puts a bus full of seniors in the parade,


The crowd cheers that the lumber trucks that go by. The City talent show winner has his own float and each entry gets it's own prize.
The only saving grace of the parade was that it is an offical SEAFAIR event so we get the cool stuff like...
Seafair clowns


The Vigilantes


and of course, the Seafair pirates. They are a great group and the have a very loud cannon that goes off. That is why Josiah is covering his ears. It caught the attention of one of the pirates. All three of these groups (Clowns, Vigilantes and Pirates) spend their time and fund raising money for sick children and childrens hospital & the Make a Wish foundation.

2 comments:

kimi said...

argh! I love me some pirates! Can't wait for them to attack the market this year! You should come down this time. they throw fish, it's the best thing EVER! Glad you had fun. isn't it a cute parade! My friends were both Strawberry Festival queens back in the day (their mom ran the festival FOREVER!) it's a great small town fun thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cori,

One of those little old ladies in the parade is my great aunt. We heard about it for weeks before and I am sure we will hear about it for weeks to come....