Monday, October 15, 2007

Another fun weekend!

We had another fun filled weekend. On Saturday I spent the day at the AWANA Conference, Cassandra & I taught a Cubbies Round Table discussion. We got some good ideas and it was a lot of fun.
Saturday night a group of ladies from Sunday School had a recipe exchange. It was a lot of fun, but the only picture I got was Katrina taking photos... She took so many that I didn't want to invade others with more camera flashes. :-).


On Sunday my dad and I headed to the game. It was a lot of fun for such a terrible game. First, who could pass up a view of the city.


Than the 12th man flag was raised by Mack Strong, who retired last week after 15 seasons with the Hawks... the crowd went wild.


The game was uneventful, not even good enough to loose your voice over. We met a cute older couple in front of us from England. He saw an "American Football" game 25 years ago and fell in love. He choose to be a Seahawks fan cause he liked their uniforms the best. So he was on a trip of a lifetime and he was extremely happy to be there... That and he was also happy cause he had been in a bar since 9:00 am with Seahawk fans... so happy may not be the word to describe him, but it was fun. His wife just sat through the whole game. I have a feeling he will spend the rest of his time shopping with her in Seattle to pay back for the game. I talked to him after the game and he was going to next weeks. I love sitting by them what a great story! it is so exciting to see people's dreams like that come true.

The other highlight of the night was something I had never noticed before. As we were leaving I looked down on the field and saw a huge group of players, both Hawks & Saints on their knees in the middle of the field. WOW that was cool it gave me goosebumps. How cool to see a group of believers asking others on the opposing team to thank God for the game. We do it in Softball, but I never thought about seeing that at a professional game. Too cool. I got my camera out a little late...


And after such a disappointing loss, my dad and I headed for some real comfort food...


if you haven't had the chance to expierence a real burger and homemade fries, give me a call. Their milkshakes are to die for and the food is a greasy as it gets. Sure made the game hurt a little less... ahh I can feel the arteries clogging already.
Over all the best part of the day was spending it with my dad. I love going to the games with him cause he tells so many stories. Last night I got to hear about his drag racing days. He's lucky to be alive :-). It really is cool and I can't wait to pass those stories on to my grandkids when I am old.

1 comment:

kimi said...

The NFL works with Athletes in Action, that happens after EVERY NFL game. isn't it awesome! I saw it happen after a husky game a couple weeks ago too!

Dick's makes everything better. I seriously thought it would be awesome to have at the wedding. but alas, I went with catered food. ;)

Glad you had fun with your dad.