Monday, December 08, 2008

Leavenworth!

Almost every year we make a trip to Leavenworth. It started several years ago when my parents would take Alex on their church bus, then I started to join along and then Josiah. And ever once in a while David joins us. This year it was all four of us, plus my parents on the chartered bus headed east to shop and watch the town light up. This year there was no snow, so it wasn't a lot of fun for the boys, but we still had a good time.

We got up at 5:45am to catch the bus in Snohomish.





On the way over they had a raffle with a $5.00 buy in. We joined in since everyone was a winner and to our surprise David won the big jackpot.... it was a nice little bonus so we gave the kids so play money for their day.

We stopped at the little candy store just outside of town, the river here was so beautiful I couldn't help taking some shots.


I played with my camera and got this black & white.



And then it's family photo time.


Hat Shop fun... I think Alex ran for the hills when he saw the camera come out.



Sorry Kim, Jason & DJ.... Mom took this photo.


Josiah with the Nutcrackers.


A new way to keep Josiah out of trouble.


What do you eat when it's 35 degrees outside? Icecream of course and it didn't melt!!










And the annual family photo!! I look forward to getting this shot every year.


We had a great time as a family, very little fights and we even got some Christmas shopping out of the way.
So I guess this means I am all caught up on my blog! I hope you enjoy all the stuff going on in our lives!

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I've always wanted to see the Leavenworth Christmas lights, but have never been up there the right time of year.