Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The opportunity came to me a few weeks ago, someone at worked offered me some airline miles and I took them. They had to be used sooner rather than later so I chose to take one of the boys to Disneyland. Since Alex and I had made our own trip a couple of years ago, I thought it would be a great idea to take Josiah on my own. I knew it would be an interesting trip, I just didn’t realize how interesting it would really be.

We left for the airport at 2:30 for a 5:00 flight. We made it to the airport with an hour to go, I got through security, juggling a backpack, carry on, stroller, carry seat and a cranky four year old. What was I thinking, not checking a bag??? We managed to make it to get something for dinner and headed for the gate. I was so consumed with juggling all I had that I didn’t even notice that THE Ty Pennington was waiting for a plane at the next gate. Who would have thought?

We got on the plane and were settled and awaiting take off. We took off a little late, but it was great. I was worried Josiah would freak out, but he thought it was a lot of fun! As we ascended into the clouds I managed to get an amazing look at Mt. Rainer sitting just above the clouds. I wish I had my camera handy, it was a view that could not be described.
As we were landing in LA our plane caught a little bit of wind and we tried doing a barrel roll, thanks to the quick pilots they were able to pull us out of it before we went completely upside down. This was something Josiah thought was so “COOL”.
When we landed at LAX and this is when I started to learn from my mistakes.
Mistake number 1- if something is a really good deal there is probably a reason for it. I found an amazing deal with Budget car rental. But what I didn’t realize is that I would have to wait 30 minutes for a shuttle van (Remember all the stuff I was Juggling?). Then once I got the rental car I got a mile down the road and a light cover from the break light in the back fell off and knocked Josiah on the head.


Mistake number 2- flying in so late. We didn’t arrive to the hotel until 10:30. By then Josiah and I were very exhausted, but Josiah was way to excited to go to sleep. Josiah is the type of kid that if he misses out on any of his normal routine than he can be a little stinker for days after. Mistake number 3- letting Josiah get up at 6:45 the next morning. Friday morning we were both awake first thing and ready to go. So we hit the road headed for the Magic Kingdom for breakfast.


No comments: