Monday, May 12, 2008

Time to play catch up

Oh I hate when I neglect my blog, so here I go, two weeks worth of catch up... bear with me. First I will do the condensed verson of Vegas since I did my little book earlier.


So my uncle Walt went in for emergency surgery a few weeks back and my mom flew down immediatley to be with my aunt and him. My parents usually make the drive from Seattle to Las Vegas every May, so the following Monday my dad was going to drive down there on his own to meet up with my mom. I didn't really like the idea of my dad going alone and I hadn't seen my aunt & uncle since 1992, so I took the time off work and headed down with my dad.

We left Seattle at 12:00 on Monday... well more like 12:30 because we started the trip off with the ULTIMATE comfort food, Dick's drive in.

This drive was going to be very exciting for me because I had never been to Eastern Washington (other than Wenatchee).

Did you know Yakima is "Washington's Palm Springs"? Now I have never been to Palm Springs, CA, BUT if it is ANYTHING like Yakima, WA I will GLADLY pass.

We drove through Eastern Oregon and then on to Idaho. And boy does Idaho STINK. From the moment we crossed the border until we got to Nevada. it either stunk of cow farms or onions. But the nice part was you could legally drive 75 MPH, which means 85 without getting caught- Yahoo.

After we went through Twin falls the road was pitch black all the way into Nevada. As we came around the bend the sky with lit up with neon signs for Jackpot. At night you would think this was a HUGE town with all the neon, but here is what it looked like during the day.



My dad and I had a great time enjoying the sites, seeing the wild life and having a contest to see who could get the gas tank as empty as possible... We didn't really do this on purpose, but a couple of circumstances made us both question whether or not we would have to wait on AAA. And for the record I won, I got the tank down to 1/2 a gallon, my dad only ran it down to 1.5 gallons. (I thought my mom was going to faint when she heard what we did).

We arrived in Vegas tuesday afternoon and after seeing my aunt, uncle and mom; my dad took me to fremont street.




That was fun. We then picked up my brother from work and went to his house since that was the couch I was staying on for my trip. We spent each night out on the town, then got up the next morning to go see family, give hugs, kisses and support. then go play, then come back to the hospital, then go out. It was very draining.

Here are some generic photos:






the flowers are my favorite photos! I am going to frame them. I will explain the dolphins another day... right now i need to blog way too much!!

1 comment:

SKKD Lambing said...

Know no trash talking Twin Falls, I was raised not to far from there in Buhl. Yes it does stink of all the dairy farms that Californians have made. Some of the smaller ones are local people. We called it the "smell of money". I love the fact that you get Sunshine, strong winds and beautiful dessert/plateus. Southern Idaho.!!

Thanks Cori,