Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Start of December

I LOVE december. I love the Christmas decorations, the lights, and the cheery mood most everyone is in and I even love the Christmas music (although I can't stand it when I hear it before thanksgiving).
One of the things I don't love about December is the business and every year I say... "Next year it's going to be different" and then it isn't. So with last weekend being the first weekend in December we had a packed, planned two days.

On Friday night we went to a fundraising dinner at Josiah's school for a little boy with Lukemia. It was really wonderful. It was really great and watching the fire department spread the cheer in this boys life was amazing.

The fire department brought one of their trucks for the kids to play on. And of course I took my camera out of my purse!! So this was taken with my phone.


He was so excited to get to sit in a real fire truck and talk to real fire men (Yes, he knows Tod Gates, but this was fireman in actual uniforms with a truck so it was much different).

Saturday was a busy day, Josiah and I went to see Enchanted. I didn't care for the movie too much, but it sounds like I am the oddball in that opinion, so you will have to see it and form your own.
We also went shopping for a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I am in, in Feb. And on the way home it started to snow!!! it was so wonderful. We had to go to the church for a few hours and I loved staring out the window watching the peacefulness of the snow falling down... again no camera. I have learned my lesson, I will never leave home with out it again!

No comments: